Father’s Day is right around the corner which brings to mind something we don’t talk about very often – men’s skincare.
When people think about skincare, they generally envision women buying gobs of beauty products and slathering it on their faces. And that’s exactly who big companies target in their marketing…. selling women the myth of eternal youth with glowing skin and no wrinkles.
Well guess what? Men also have skin and it too, needs attention. From fighting acne during teenage years to focusing on lifelong skincare habits to prevent skin cancer and sun damage and everything in between. Men’s skincare is often a very under-talked about subject in the beauty industry.
Here are some pro tips to help men care for their skin:
- Wash your face every morning and night and after exercise and sweating.
- Make sure to apply generous amounts of sunscreen at least 30 minutes before sun exposure and wear long sleeves/wide brimmed hats to avoid damaging sun exposure.
- Don’t forget to apply daily moisturizer if your skin is dry or flaking.
- If you’re fighting acne be consistent with your routine, use your sulfur mask and medication every night! Using topical medications has the added benefit of keeping ingrown hair away as well.
- When shaving, use your facial cleanser instead of oil-filled shaving cream. Also, make sure to shave in the direction of hair growth or use clippers to avoid getting ingrown hair.
Men’s skincare doesn’t require 5 million steps – a simple routine, when performed consistently will have lasting and beneficial effects. Any guys struggling with what to do on a daily basis? Please reach out to us! We’d love to help you put together a routine that not only works for you and your daily schedule but will help your skin look and feel great!